Jersey is the largest of the Channel Islands, located between France and the UK. The total resident population of the island in 2014 was estimated to be 99,500. More than the third part of Jersey’s population lives in Saint Helier, the island’s only town. Despite the small population, many businessmen use Jersey offshore company formation services for their asset protection.
The island is self-governing and has it own legal and financial systems and its own courts of law. The States Assembly consists of 51 elected members.
The finance industry, which has the biggest impact on the island, started to develop in the 1960s and nowadays it is by far the largest contributor to the exchequer and the largest employer.
Companies that are registered in Jersey but owned by non-residents and do no business with Jersey resident individuals or corporations can be granted exempt status in Jersey.
Who should choose Jersey offshore company:
Jersey is an ideal jurisdiction for:
- Inheritance purposes,
- E-Commerce and E-Shop business,
- International trade,
- Intellectual property management,
- The custody of movable and immovable property.
|Incorporation of the company||10 -14|
|Delivery of original company documents||15|
|Offshore bank account opening||14 – 21|
Major advantages of Jersey offshore company:
- Corporate taxation: 0 – 10%.
- No minimum capital requirements.
- No exchange control restrictions, allowing capital to be freely moved without formality.
- Highly sophisticated infrastructure of banking services, trust companies, accountants etc.
- Proximity to mainland Europe.
- Jersey is a well-respected offshore center.
Disadvantages of Jersey company:
- Jersey 0% tax rate companies are not allowed to invest in the United Kingdom.
- A relatively expensive jurisdiction.
- A minimum of 2 shareholders are required for Jersey offshore company incorporation.
Contact Us to explain your business case and our expert will give a consultation.