Company formation in Malta – corporation tax rate of 35% , but can be decreased to 0 – 5%.
Malta is an island country in Southern Europe. It has become a reputable business and financial center due to the possibility to offer attractive and different types of business solutions for corporations. That is the reason why so many investors consider Malta company formation.
In 2004, Malta joined the European Union but in 2008 – became a member of the eurozone.
The economy of Malta is mostly based on tourism, however, international trade with industrial electronic equipment and appliances is popular as well.
The network of double taxation treaties have contributed substantially to Malta’s successful development as an international business center.
Malta has solid comprehensive legislative framework which provides a sound basis for conducting business activities. Particularly in financial services, shipping and online gaming sectors.
Malta is a Civil Law jurisdiction, all modern legislation including company tax and maritime laws are made on their UK counterpart.
Who and for what should choose Malta company formation
- International trade,
- Commerce on the Internet,
- For inheritance purposes,
- Intellectual property holding rights.
|Incorporation of the company||2|
|Delivery of original company documents||10 – 15|
|Offshore bank account opening||15 -20|
Interest of the jurisdiction of Malta
Advantages of a company in Malta
- Corporate tax can be decreased to 0 – 5%;
- No License Fee,
- Low minimum for capital requirements,
- No Disclosure of Beneficial Ownership to Authorities,
- European time zone and culture;
- Excellent communications.
Disadvantages of a company in Malta
- The lack of public registers can make proof of ownership difficult.