Cyprus is the largest island in north–east of the Mediterranean Sea and is situated on a cross point of Europe, Asia and Africa. Cyprus company formation is one of the most popular choice of jurisdictions among European investors and businessmen because of the low tax regime in place for companies and resident companies.
Main economic activities in Cyprus are financial and banking services, tourism and, because of the strategically good location, shipping makes a large part of the country’s economic as well. In the last 15 years there has been a major growth especially in finance and banking sector, which has been highly developed.
Cyprus is a member of the European Union since 2004 and it entered the eurozone in 2008. With a 10% tax rate of net chargeable profit on Cyprus companies, Cyprus has the lowest corporate tax rate in Europe, meanwhile remaining additional tax exemptions for non-residents.
Cyprus company is ideal for:
- Holding companies,
- Real estate properties,
- Inheritance purposes,
- Intellectual property holding rights.
How to proceed? Step-by-step of your company formation.
|Incorporation of the company||
|Delivery of original company documents||
10 – 15
|Offshore bank account opening||
15 – 20
Interest of the jurisdiction of Cyprus
Advantages of Cyprus company formation:
- Company structure preferable for holding companies.
- Developed infrastructure.
- Strategically good location for international trade in Europe, Asia and Africa.
- Company Law based on the UK Common Law.
- Well created network of double Taxation Treaties, which can be used by all Cyprus companies, managed from Cyprus.
Disadvantages of a company in Cyprus:
- Corporate documents are in Greek.
Send us your business project and our expert will advice for the most suitable solution.
See additional information:
– The main characteristics of Cyprus company,
– Open an offshore bank account from home,
– Services for your company: Virtual Office in London,