Company Formation in Austria:
Austria is a prosperous and sophisticated business center and has long been a commercial gateway to Eastern Europe.
Austria has a strong economy based on tourism, production and foreign trade. In these sectors the main partner is European Union, and the country’s Gross Domestic Product continues to increase, reaching one of the highest GDP’s in Europe.
The Austrian Holding Company is an ordinary company which falls within the scope of general tax law and may benefit from the double taxation treaties concluded by Austria and the European tax directives. And there are no limitations on the activities of the company : which can be constituted as an “Aktiengesellschaft” (joint stock company- AG) or a “Gesellschaft mit beschraenkter Haftung” (private limited company- GmbH).
The taxable income of an Austrian Company is directly based on the annual financial statements, which are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles subject to rectification and regulations.
Who and for what activities should choose Austria Company:
- International trade,
- Commerce on the Internet,
- For the protection of movable and immovable property
- For inheritance purposes,
- Intellectual property holding rights.
|Incorporation of the company||20 – 30|
|Delivery of original company documents||10 – 15|
|Offshore bank account opening||15 – 20|
Interest of the jurisdiction of Austria
Advantages of a company in Austria:
- No withholding tax on dividends paid to the foreign parent,
- No dividends tax received from a foreign subsidiary,
- Member of European Union,
- Accessibility to large network of double taxation treaties.
Disadvantages of a company in Austria:
- High Corporate Tax – 25%,
- A minimum share capital of € 35,000 is required to be paid up.